Sometimes, using a fax machine as your medium for sending faxes will require you to deal with paper jams and routine fax machine maintenance, such as refilling the fax machine with toner or ink cartridges and reams of paper.
In a world where technology is constantly updating, online faxing has become an efficient alternative to using fax machines.
Image Courtesy of Leo Koivulehto via Flickr
By taking advantage of online faxing, you can contribute to a greener environment by cutting back on the amount of paper you normally use to send faxes and by increasing your overall efficiency in regard to the extra time and money often spent on repairs and maintenance.
Continue reading to learn more about online faxing, and how it can help you eliminate those frustrating paper jams you may have been dealing with in the past.
Fewer Supplies and Equipment
- Receive faxes at your email instead of at a machine. Email fax services require you to have a computer and Internet connection, which reduces (if not eliminate) the use of toner and paper that the physical fax machine always require.
- Save money on supplies related to fax machines. By using email fax services, you can save money that is normally spent on buying toner or ink cartridges, reams of paper, and other supplies required to maintain a fax machine.
- Free up office or desk space. Depending on the size of your fax machine, you may be able to free up lots of extra room in your office or clear extra space for foot traffic by eliminating power cords and wires used for the fax machine’s telephone line.
Extra Benefits of Online Faxing
- Helping save the environment: Online faxing is the green alternative to traditional faxing, especially since you can help reduce the amount of trees that are cut down to make paper and save on energy that is expended to manufacture fax machines and other materials.
- Managing your faxes efficiently: With email fax services, you can access and manage your fax documents from any online location without physically having to be in the same room as the fax machine.
- Organizing your faxes electronically. Using online faxing will allow you to store and manage your fax documents within your email account or on your computer and eliminate the use of physical filing cabinets or folders for storing your data.
- Improving the cost-efficiency and time management of your business. By taking advantage of email fax services, you can apply time toward more important tasks and spend less time on tasks normally associated with your fax machine, such as walking back and forth from the machine, fixing paper jams, and refilling ink and toner.
By switching to online faxing, you can work in an Internet- and technology-savvy environment while eliminating those ongoing fax machine paper jams.
Have you recently traded your fax machine for online faxing services? If so, tell us about your transitioning experience in the comments section below.